Sunday, December 23, 2007

Non-Customer Service at JCPenney

So I'm looking for a kitchen knife set for Christmas, right? But I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I don't need professional knives. I'm not a professional cook, and despite living in an affluent area, I'm not consumed by the desire to have the best of everything. Especially in the area of knifedom. I just need a set of serviceable knives.

First, I went to Macy's. Lots of budget busting cutlery there. Then to Le Gourmet Chef. They didn't have the kind of set I wanted. Then to Williams-Sonoma - Yike$!. And then, JC Penney. You can always find something to buy at Penney's, right? Well, they certainly had a decent selection of knife sets at Penney's. But there was just
one thing wrong - no prices! There must've been 20 different sets, but no marked prices anywhere. I looked for a salesperson. But Penney's doesn't have any of them. So I found a stockgoon and asked him if there was anyone available to get me a price on one of the knife sets. He said that there was nobody who could help me and that I should go and stand in the checkout line (which had about a dozen people in it) and that I could find out the price at the checkout. I thanked him very much and told him that I would be happy to shop elsewhere. I ended up getting a knife set at Sears, where not only was the price marked, but there were those price check scanners that you could use to check the price of your item.

HEY JCPENNEY MANAGEMENT IDIOTS - YOU SHOULD GET SOME OF THOSE PRICE SCANNER THINGYS IF YOU'RE GONNA CUT COSTS BY SKIMPING ON SALES STAFFING!

Penney's is apparently staffed by people who bought stuff, pictured below, from their 1975 catalog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home