Thursday, June 08, 2006

I Spy, With My Bionic Eye

There’s one thing about traveling. You’re going to see something different. But sometimes you do get a surprise. Take Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, for instance. I arrived here last Thursday and on way from the airport to our downtown hotel, what did I spy with my little eye but the Bionic Ear Institute.


That might not seem significant to you, but when I was growing up, I wanted to be 3 things.
  1. An Astronaut
  2. Kwai Chang Caine, of Kung Fu
  3. Steve Austin, the Bionic Man
I never became an astronaut. At that time, you had to be a military test pilot to become an astronaut, and I was very much not interested in the military, so that was out.

As
for Kwai Chang Caine, I never learned Kung Fu, but I have been studying Tae Kwon Do and test for my first degree black belt in a little over 2 weeks, so I’m living a little bit of that dream.

But to be the bionic man was the ultimate dream. Steve Austin had a bionic eye, a bionic arm, and 2 bionic legs, which could make him run 60 miles per hour. There was a bionic woman, too, who had a bionic ear and other stuff that I can’t remember. She was not as cool as the bionic man.

I thought that being a bionic man was all a dream, but no! It's now a reality, right here in Melbourne, Australia. The picture is proof positive, as is the website.

Now, if they can develop a bionic scalp to help with my advancing male pattern baldness, I’ll work for Oscar Goldman, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home