Saturday, May 20, 2006

William Hung, the New Marilyn Monroe

I don't like artichokes. Although I will admit that there is at least one artichoke dip that I really like. So artichokes are kind of like eggplants in that the only thing I like eggplant in is the heavenly dip, Baba Ghanoush, which has about 3 dozen spellings in English, the official language of George W. Bush and the Minuteman Party.

I also don't like American Idol. Which brings us to the subject of this post, American Idol washout William Hung. It appears that Mr. Hung, the spirited performer who sang with passion on American Idol, has been given an honor to which even I cannot aspire. He has been named the Artichoke King at the 47th Artichoke Festival in the Artichoke Capital of the World, Castroville, California. He follows in the tradition of Marilyn Monroe, who was selected as the first Artichoke Queen in 1947.

The festival features an artichoke eating contest, music and plenty of artichokes for sale. I'm not entering the contest.

2 Comments:

At May 20, 2006, Blogger Neal said...

I love artichokes. Artichoke hearts are like eating seafood without all of those messy reactions.

 
At May 21, 2006, Blogger Scott said...

Neal, the Artichoke Festival has a thing for celebrities who love artichokes. As a "South Pole Survivor" and an anticipated future member of the 300 Club, you could very find yourself crowned the 48th Artichoke King.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home