Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Black and the Gold

Today my wife decided to put the finishing touches on our preparations for the Super Bowl. Dessert. It's brownies. But not just any brownies. It's brownies with black and gold chocolate chips. Actually the black chips are chocolate and the gold are butterscotch. I'm looking forward to finishing them off, although with 4 kids in our family I'll probably have to come up with a super game plan if I expect to get more than one.

Did I mention that this is a GIANT batch of Black and Gold brownies? The recipe was for "Outrageous Brownies." Little did we know how outrageous they would be. The batch filled up an oversized cookie sheet. Correction - the batch MORE than filled up an oversized cookie sheet. It ended up overflowing and filling the bottom of the oven, engulfing our kitchen in smoke. We valiantly battled the smoke bomb with our overhead fan and open windows. Fortunately, we didn't need to call in the nearest crew of smoke jumpers. Amazingly, none of our smoke detectors went off. Apparently they knew it was for a good cause.

Husband's observation: Maybe the "Cool to room temperature" part of the recipe was meant to be taken literally."

However, my wife is still in complete denial: "That was part of my game plan. We're gonna smoke Seattle in the Super Bowl!"

OK, I'll have to trust her on that one! The good news is that they are truly black and gold. GO STEELERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home