Friday, September 01, 2006

Mr. Gardner Gets Season Ticket for Diaper Changing

As reported in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, One of America's Great Newspapers...

Neighbors driving a pregnant Upper St. Clair woman to the hospital helped deliver a baby girl on the Parkway West last night.

State police said they got a call about a woman in labor around 9:30 about a mile south of the Greentree exit. When troopers arrived, Beth Gardner, 38, had just delivered a girl.

Her neighbors, Jennifer Brett, 51, and Sara Brett, 23, had helped with the birth of the infant, whose name police didn't know.

Mother and daughter were then taken to Magee Womens Hospital in Oakland.

Dad was out watching the Steelers game at the time, police said.


2 Comments:

At September 01, 2006, Blogger Neal said...

That's always a good excuse to miss a birth. I have to say that since the Steelers beat my Colts in the playoffs last year (and in the AFC championship a decade ago), I have to pull for them to lose.

 
At September 02, 2006, Blogger Scott said...

I'm not sure I would've come home if I were that guy...at least not without a LOT of chocolate.

Regarding the Steelers, I can't complain about your reasoning. However, my wife feels similarly about the Colts. She was from Maryland and we were married less than a year when the Colts abandoned Baltimore in the middle of the night to move to Indianapolis. It didn't even matter that we lived in nearby Urbana, IL, at the time. She still calls them "The Traitors."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home