Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mother's Day Blue Light Special on Cosmetic Surgery

Attention K-Mart Shoppers, er, Mother's Day Shoppers! Word has reached Scott's Spot that the latest trend in gift giving for parents is in the, um, cosmetic surgery department. That's right, it seems that it's now OK to walk up to Mom and say, "You know, those crow's feet make you look, like, fifty or so, and I'm so embarrassed and stuff. How about a Botox treatment, on me, to bring you back to life?"

I suppose that's OK in South Korea, where cosmetic surgery clinics in Seoul said they have been booked solid for weeks with appointments made by children for their parents. Many parents pay for cosmetic surgery for their children as a graduation gift and it has become more common in recent years for children to return the favor. A textbook case of the returned favor. Or, sometimes, tit for tat.

However, I can guarantee that if I made such a suggestion for my mother, I'd be out of the will. And, if I suggested such a thing to my wife, I'd be out of the, well, let's just say I'm not suggesting it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home