Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bungling Britney's Baby Bobble

I've never wanted to be famous. And, judging by the hit count on this blog, there's little danger of that happening anytime soon. The worst thing would be to be famous and have a kid, like Britney Spears. Poor Britney can't change Sean Preston's diaper without the paparazzi zooming in to see what brand of baby wipes she's using. (The Scott's Spot Celebrity Surveillance Department reports with 98% certainty that Spears does NOT use Sam's Choice Baby Wipes.)

Spears has done some stupid things as a parent, as do all new parents. In the latest incident, known as the "baby bobble," she's leaving the Manhattan Ritz-Carlton hotel with Sean Preston in one arm and a drink in the other. She then stumbles and struggles to keep from dropping Sean Preston. Fortunately, her bodyguard comes to the rescue and Sean Preston is saved, as is her drink. Poor Sean Preston's orange hat gets knocked off, though.



I do feel sorry for Britney in this instance. When my oldest son was a baby, I was carrying him down the stairs and lost my footing. My bodyguard was nowhere to be seen. It was all I could do to keep my son from being thrown against the wall, and the net result was that I went down hard on my tailbone, which hurt for weeks. It was an accident, and one that could have severely hurt my son if it had gone badly. Fortunately, that didn't happen. Also, fortunately, the paparazzi weren't there to document this and any other near-misses.

Be sure to watch eBay for that orange hat. It's sure to become a collector's item.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home