Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Can't Wait For Back To School

Yeah, I know what you're thinking - Scott's kids are just laying around watching TV and playing video games on their summer vacation, and he can't wait for them to be doing something useful again. And that's true. But it doesn't tell the whole story. I want my kids to be back in school so I can help to fund their college education. Scholarships are out, so I'm settling for the next best thing - Head Lice.

That's right. Researchers are trying to find new ways to treat new super-lice, which are becoming resistant to conventional cures. So this Fall's annual letter from the school nurse is gonna have me seeing big dollar signs. Or pound signs. Researchers from Bristol University in England are offering £20 to parents for their children's head lice. And it's not just England, that small country that has Beckham and that plays soccer much better than the entire United States, that cares about super-lice. The US is in on it as well. Bristol University's veterinary department in Langford, Somerset, plans to send the extra lice to US researchers to see if we can make any headway toward this goal.

Personally, I'm hoping to double my money by scoring a No Child Left Behind grant out of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home