Friday, May 12, 2006

North Korean E-Library - It Gets More Comments Than My Blog

According to the North Korean Central News Agency's May 11 edition, we find that the E-Library of Kim Chaek University of Technology was visted by Foreign Diplomats. We don't know who these diplomats were, nor which country they hailed from, but they were no doubt impressed.


"They went round with keen interest book lending and reading rooms of the IT based E-Library."

I guess I don't know North Korean standards but I guess I was thinking that an E-Library might have some computers and maybe little to no books. In fact, I was thinking that it might not have a physical existence at all, but might exist only on some server somewhere in Pyongyang. But it seems that they have regular books. And a gymnasium. Go here to read about it.

"At the end of the visit, they made entries in the visitor's book."

That's better than what most people do with my blog. Nobody but Neal, for the most part, leaves any comments.


I would certainly like it if you posted comments, good or bad, about my blog. Don't worry, I have neither a nuclear nor or a nucular agenda.

2 Comments:

At May 12, 2006, Blogger Neal said...

Maybe my comments are scaring everyone else off....

 
At May 21, 2006, Blogger Scott said...

Neal, I doubt your comments are the culprit. Most likely it's the obscurity of my posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home