Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Triumph Over Your Spare Yokahama Tire

The Japanese have a problem. It's same problem seemingly faced by all affluent societies these days. They're getting fat. And we're not talking about functional fat, such as the fat seen on sumo wrestlers. We're talking unsightly paunches and overample derrieres.

For Japanese women, this means going to the nearest greater Tokyo カーブ. That's "Curves," if Babelfish came through. But for the men, this is quite a dilemma. It's also a money making opportunity for Triumph International Japan, which has revealed a new line of male corsets. These tummy-flattening garments have proved to be such a hit that production is being stepped up and a summer model is being planned. I'm guessing that "summer model" means it fits under a Speedo.

With that image in mind, I'm thinking that if I had to wear one of those things, I'd rather just accept my body and go to Sumo school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home