The Real Reason for Big Ben Roethlisberger's Big Deal
Scott Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (NOT one of America's Great Newspapers) has provided us with 7 reasons why the Pittsburgh Steelers signed Big Ben Roethlisberger to an 8 year $102 million deal.
1. It all starts with the quarterback.
2. Drafting a quarterback, even with the first overall pick, is always a risky proposition.
3. It has gotten harder to play quarterback.
4. Teams generally don't have the luxury of letting young quarterbacks develop.
5. Roethlisberger is still growing.
6. He has that toughness that Pittsburgh demands of its gridiron heroes.
7. He likes it here.
Brown missed reason numero uno as to why Big Ben could get this deal.
He's white, and this is Pittsburgh.