Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Zealand Wine Tasting Notes

I went to my local Pennsylvania Wines and Spirits shop yesterday to pick up some potent potables. I particularly like to go to this Wines and Spirits shop because of their great selection and competitive pricing the state liquor control board owns all the Wines and Spirits shops and this is the only one near my house.

Anyway, I'm always interested in increasing my knowledge, so I picked up the Winter 2008 issue of Pennsylvania's Official Wine and Spirits Quarterly. It had an article on New Zealand wines. We enjoyed the New Zealand Dyed-in-the-Wool Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc at Christmas, so I thought the article would be worth a look.

It turns out that the sauvignon blanc grape is particularly suited to New Zealand's climate. According to the article, New Zealand's sauvignon blanc wines exhibit "serious acidity, vibrant exotic fruit, clarity of flavors and a minimum amount of herbaceousness - the smells of wet grass or mildly rotting parsley."

But that's not a very high standard. Here at Scott's Spot, we expect our wines to have NO smells of wet grass or mildly rotting parsley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home