Saturday, December 09, 2006

2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!

Highlight, copy, and paste (not forward or reply) and change my answers to your answers, make sure you send it back to the person who sent it to you Enjoy!! Everyone has time for a few moments of fun!

Don't be a scrooge!!!

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog. Light on the egg. Bring on the nog. Enough so that I don't care about the 3 million calories.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? "Sit them under the tree?" Since it is impossible to "sit them under the tree" I'm left with little choice - He wraps 'em!

Colored or white lights on tree/house? Colored lights on the tree, some of which must be blinkers. Putting lights on the house involves ladders, cold fingers, and potential ambulance lights.

Do you hang mistletoe? I never required that excuse.

When do you put your decorations up? Trrra-Dition! Up on Christmas Eve.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Russian Teacakes.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Getting finger puppets and little flashlights and doing the Bill Cosby "Noah" skit with them in the dark.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I became the one who ate his cookies.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Open a gift!!?? I don't even get them wrapped by Christmas Eve!

How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Bring in the tree. Put the tree in the stand. Fill the stand with water. Move the tree into place. Add water to replace the spillage. Rotate the tree to hide the holey spots. Wish we had gotten a tree with fewer holey spots. Straighten the tree. Wish we had gotten a straighter tree. Vacuum. Lay out all the ornaments. Pull out the tree. Put the lights on. Push the tree back into place. Vacuum again. Assess the current age of the cats and kids to see how high we need to put the delicate ornaments. Put on the delicate ornaments according to said assessment. Kids put on the rest. Determine which homemade angel will top the tree. Oh, wait, I think we got some other funky tree topper on sale at Wal-Mart last year.

Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow. Lots of Snow. Not to worry - we're stocked up on toilet paper, water, and other holiday potables.

Can you ice skate? Yes, very smoothly. Most people don't do it on their butts like me, though.

Do you remember your favorite gift? None are standing out in my memory. Although I'm not really big on money for gifts, there were 2 Christmases where I saved my Christmas and birthday money to get a bike and a running suit.

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I certainly like making time to visit with our families, but we attend all the church services to make sure we don't lose sight of the real meaning of Christmas.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? The aforementioned Russian Teacakes. Even though they're called Teacakes, I have them with coffee.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Using the To: and From: on gift tags to provide obscure, sometimes extremely obscure, hints about the gifts. My wife and kids have now started this as well.

What tops your tree? We had 2 paper angels, one that my wife made and one with an icon of an angel. But last year we got a funky topper that looks a little like a Russian onion dome.

Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I prefer to give. I really don't need anything.

What is your favorite Christmas song? One I seldom hear: Angels From the Realms of Glory.

Candy Canes? Who knows. They don't last long enough on the tree for me to get any.

Fave Christmas Movie? Original "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with the voice of Boris Karloff as the Grinch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home